Busan, South Korea… A beautiful, vibrant city. The second largest city in South Korea also is home to one of the world’s largest and busiest ports. It has beautiful beaches, the Busan International Film Festival, Nurimaru Apec House, the world’s largest department store…. So much to see, and so little time!
We were not disappointed! It was a practical way to arrive quickly at the main attractions, and at least get a nice driving tour of the city for what we didn’t have the time to see.
Nurimaru APEC House
Built in 2005 for the Asian-Pacific Economic Summit, Nurimaru has beautiful gardens, an interesting historic tour, and an amazing view of Gwangalli Beach and Gwangan Bridge.
Our time in Busan came to an end too soon! We wish we could have spent a week or more in this vibrant, beautiful ocean city.
Atlanta-Seoul on American Airlines
- Atlanta-Dallas-Seoul on American Airlines
- Spent 50,000 Alaska MileagePlan miles to fly Business Class on American Airlines
- Paid about $200 in taxes & Business Class upgrade
Seoul-Osaka on Japan Airlines
- Spent 10,000 American AAdvantage miles to fly Economy on Japan Airlines
- Paid about $15 in taxes
Tokyo-Atlanta on Japan Airlines & American Airlines
- Tokyo-San Diego on Japan Airlines
- San Diego-Charlotte-Atlanta on American Airlines
- Spent 50,000 American AAdvantage miles to fly Business Class
- Paid about $45 in taxes